Monday 5 October 2009

Chesworth House

I tried to get Chesworth House in Horsham West Sussex on my tour itenerary for next year but with no sucess.
Chesworth House is where Catherine Howard was brought up and the place where she was supposed to have had a little dalliance shall we say.
Not a really big place and until very recently the House was a wedding venue with beautiful lawns and a chapel but is now in private ownership. I went to visit the owner who is not English to try and include it on my six wives tour. The owner was aware of the historic importance of the house but was not inclined to be part of my plans.
A bit of a let down really but I will try again and keep trying as it is one of those places that is still standing and off the tourist trail.


www.tudorhistorytours.com

No comments:

Post a Comment